Most of the intervarsity competitions are in the second half of the year, after the ALSA Conference, and are usually only open to more senior students (3rd to 5th year). Selection processes depend on the time available to the Competitions Officer, with all competitions subject to student interest and funding.
In the past, UTAS law students have competed in the following competitions:
Castan Centre Human Rights Law Moot
Gibbs Constitutional Law Moot
Animal Law Moot
Baker & McKenzie National Women’s Moot
Administrative Appeals TribunalNational Mooting Competition
Kirby Contract Law Moot
Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (held in February)
Sir Anthony Mason Constitutional Law Essay Competition
Governor-General’s Essay Prize.
For further information, including specific dates for try outs, please follow TULS news and social media.
- Rose Mackie, Ryan North and Bryanna Workman, 1st Place, Administrative Appeals TribunalNational Mooting Competition
- Lillian King Roberts, Rochelle Hodges and Mea Quartararo, 1st Place, Baker & McKenzie National Women’s Moot
- Rose Mackie, Equal 1st Place, Governor-General’s Essay Prize
- Bryanna Workman, 2nd Place, Sir Anthony Mason Constitutional Law Essay Competition
- Dan Westbury, Verity Dawkins, Mea Quartararo, Callum Purcell and Cynthia Chu, Top 4, Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Rochelle Hodge, Lauren Hargrave and Dan Westbury, 1st Place, Administrative Appeals TribunalNational Mooting Competition
- Aaron Moss, Madeleine Pillans and Adrian Hilly, 2nd Place, Castan Centre Human Rights Law Moot
- Hannah Salisbury and Rochelle Hodge, 2nd Place, Animal Law Moot
- Tom Marshall, Nirmal Kanagavijayan and Sarah Fox, Quarter Finals, Administrative Appeals TribunalNational Mooting Competition
UTAS Law School Success in Mooting Competitions
Steller Year for UTAS Mooters http://www.utas.edu.au/law/whats-new/faculty-law-news-items/national-aat-success-tops-off-stellar-year-for-utas-mooters
UTAS Law’s Team Achieves National Win in the AAT Moot! http://www.utas.edu.au/law/whats-new/faculty-law-news-items/aat-moot-national-win!
Advocacy Training at UTAS: National Competition Success